*trips while running to snatch the Award*
It’s been quite some time eh? I know you guys missed me…wait-what? I did a post quite recently?! Yeah, well, I was talking about Award posts, obviously *ahem*
So, I’ve been nominated for the prestigious Mystery Blogger Award! This special Award was created by the beautiful Okoto Enigma, and according to her, the-
“”Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion”
I was nominated by the wonderful Shrushti of Words by Shrush who deemed me worthy enough to be a recipient of such an amazing Award. To give me an Award that recognizes my blog to be something inspirational and fun and which deserves recognition is a feat in and of itself. I am eternally grateful.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
3 THINGS ABOUT MYSELF:
- I am a very indecisive person. VERY. I hate too many options. A choice of 2, no problem, 3? No worries….4? Ehm….5? STOP. Those who know me too well avoid making me decide on things. And these decisions are on such trivial things like what to eat, where to eat, what to wear,… I cannot decide. I keep switching back and forth. And I end up with a headache.
- One of the greatest joys in my life is being blessed with beautiful curly hair. I used to hate it when I was young. I wanted straight hair like everyone else. My mum always told me my hair was special but I was an A-grade BRAT. It was only during college that I began falling in love with it. People were complimenting me, asking me if it was my natural hair or do I get it permed. I realized then and there that it was one of my greatest assets, and a trademark. With the help of Pinterest, I take good care of it now and I love it more than ever!
- Hi, my name is Pooja and I’m addicted to jalapenos and anything jalapeno-flavoured. Cheesy-Jalapeno, Mayo-Jalapeno, Jalapeno salad dressing, Jalapeno infused bread. I eat pickled jalapenos straight out of the jar when I’m bored.
There’s so much more to me than jalapenos, but I’ve covered them all in previous Tags/Awards posts which you may (or may not) check out!
ANSWERS TO SHRUSHTI’S QUESTIONS:
- What does a happy day in your life look like? Tell me.
Any day is a happy day if it involves a puppy, don’t you agree? But to be specific, a happy day for me has many variations, which largely depends on my mood. If I’m feeling social, a happy day would constitute my friends and I going dancing, having drinks, and having a sleep-over with the whole lot of us talking until dawn. If I’m feeling content or peaceful, a happy day is me reading a book and drinking coffee. But if I have to be honest with myself, a happy day would be keeping myself busy, doing all the things I love, being productive and feeling proud of myself at the end of the day.
2. What is one thing you wish you could say to your best friend/ person you love that you haven’t been able to?
I would hug my bff and congratulate her on coping with me. Really, I’m quite complex. The fact that she’s still stuck by my side is a mystery. (I love you Allen!)
3. Would you rather be a child again for a week or be able to take a peak into your future life for 5 mins?
I’d definitely chose the former- to be a child again for a week, so that I wouldn’t have to worry about making decisions, and I get to eat and sleep and play all day long.
4. Have you ever had writer’s block? How do you think one can overcome it?
YES. Writer’s block is to writers and bloggers what hangover is to alcoholics and party-goers, and I’d choose getting a hangover any day. It’s the same, isn’t it? It’s like you’re trying to grasp at something with a veil over your eyes while beginning to feel a throbbing in your temples. What I do is I write the title, save it as a draft, and ignore it completely. As a wise man once said (another post for another day), you never see the solution when you focus only on the problem. Sometimes I log in, stare at the title, and then log out. But I get a spark at around 2 A.M, or when I’m in class, and I immediately log back in and start typing, and the words just flow. What I have to say is, it’s OK when you have nothing to share because the best content is waiting for you at the most random-est corner. Trust in that and JUST CHILL.
5. Have you done anything out of your comfort zone recently? What was it and how did it feel?
Well, I got a tattoo, as many of you know. It was an amazing and a satisfying experience. I do whatever I can to get into my Malayali relatives’ faces, and getting inked was the icing on the cake. Don’t get me wrong, I got it for myself, but the fact that it may annoy certain family members is an added bonus I’m willing to take.
These questions were great and I had fun answering them!
MY NOMINEES ARE:
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES ARE:
- How much has your content, style and writing changed since your first post on WordPress?
- What was your first post on WordPress about? Explain it briefly.
- Why do you blog? Blogging makes you feel ________ ?
- The person you look up to?
- Three things you can’t live without?
Do answer them all!
LINKS TO MY BEST POSTS (AREN’T THEY ALL?):
- “Girls, Boys Like It When…” How About N.O.
- A Tattooed Miracle
- You Want To Know Why Writers Are Crazy?
- Tea Time With My Period: Parts 1, 2, 3
- All of my Soujourns series
I hope you guys had fun reading!
Have a blessed day!