So, it’s been a while since I’ve been nominated for an award, the last one being waaaaaaay back in August of 2015, and all I have to ask is:
Really? It took you this long? Why, am I not entertaining enough?! Am I not bloggy enough?! Huh?! HUH?!
I’m just kidding, of course! *furiously tries to hide my weapons*
I’d like to thank the wonderful Bashful Brunette for nominating me! She’s an amazing blogger with an awesomesauce blog, so do check her out! Thanks lovely! 🙂
The honourable rules:
1. You must write a post accepting this award
2. Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you
3. Briefly talk about how you got started blogging
4. Give 2 pieces of advice for new bloggers
5. Nominate 15 deserving bloggers! (I will be nominating 5)
How I got started with blogging:
Last year, I was nominated for a few awards wherein I had to talk about a similar scenario, how I got into blogging/ why do I blog, etc,. Of course, I still stand by the same answer:
“But this one, yes, this one is my baby. My ultimate blog. The Chosen One. So, it was my final sem of Engineering and I was done studying for the day and I was bored. So, I decided to blog. That’s it. If ya’ll were expecting some grand old story about how I started blogging, there ain’t any. I’m just being honest! Look, I love to write, I love my laptop, I love the internet and I love the fact that there are people all across the globe who would, one day, probably read what I write. Hence, the incentive to blog! But, yes, I do have a lot of pent up thoughts and words and opinions that required an outlet, so that pretty much contributed too!”
That’s EXACTLY what I wrote, a year back. But, I need to add a few more words to it:
The fact that I’ve gotten a lot of encouragement and support from the ever amazing WP community, a.k.a you guys, on my writing have set things in motion inside my head, which I may mention, sooner or later 🙂 Writing was a hobby, then it became a passion, and now, after a good amount time, it’s turned into a hunger.
Two pieces of advice for new bloggers:
- Write whatever you want. Write whatever it is that you feel strongly for. Don’t worry about whether readers will like it or not, because it is YOUR BLOG. You should never worry about whether what you write may help you gain or lose followers. Focus on creating an impact with each word that you type. Again, don’t forget that you’re the boss!
- Connect. Follow, leave a comment, don’t forget to reply. Go find more bloggers like you, people who fascinate you and CONNECT. And remember, always be nice 🙂
I now nominate:
Have a lovely day you guys!