Before you guys make any assumptions, no, I’m not physically hurt nor am I in a weird, depressed trance. By using the word “heal”, what I mean to put across is “to change”. I didn’t want to say “change” because it sounds…..drastic. Sudden. “To heal” sounds more like a slow process, kind of like you’re “on the way” to something better.
Now that that’s cleared up, the last 5 days I was vacationing. Our hotel was right next to the beach, so my cousins and I were practically jumping between the open bar and the beach. There was this one particular time where we stayed to watch the sunset and the following sunrise as we were too intoxicated to sleep.
The time between the sunset and the sunrise, was….different. I’m a night owl, I’ve had my shares of 2AM shenanigans, but the actual period was INTENSE. The silence, you could literally feel it in your bones. Every thought becomes clear and it was during this moment that I had certain revelations. I understood people, and things, that were in my life more clearly, and there were a few unpleasant thoughts. That’s when I decided to make a change this year.
So in the coming year, I’ve decided to become selfish and think only about myself.
Well, that escalated quickly, didn’t it? Let me explain-
I’ve been a good friend. Lent a listening ear, a shoulder, my time, everything to a lot of people and now, well, I’m tired. I’m tired of their problems! Like, get up and go do something about it, people! Stop whining like a weakling. I know I know everyone’s not as tough as the next person but geez, give me a break! Grow a pair and get shit done.
There, now that I’ve let off a little steam, here’s what I’m going to focus on in 2016:
- Not going to listen to other people’s problems, nor am I going to impose my troubles on them. That means no more opinions, no more advice. Just fucking deal with it. My issues may not be as big as yours, but it’s still something that I have to face. Hence, sorry but I’ve got MY shit to deal with. Screw yours. Screw global warming. Screw everything else. As much as I love my friends, they don’t exactly help me in moving forward
- Stop going behind things that even my super-logical brain knows that would never help getting me anywhere
- Be more positive and stop underestimating myself. I am good enough and I can do it
- Put everything that’s going on in my head into writing
- Meet, at least, 5 new people this year
And lastly, the traditional
- Focus on achieving Body goals, Hair goals and Mind goals.
I do realize that this post sounds pretty crass and rude, compared to my usual ones, but I needed to get this out. I need to focus on just ME, in prioritizing myself, putting myself first, and finally, hopefully, loving myself 100%.
With that being said, I love you, my WP followers! 🙂 I love each and every one of you, the ones who read, like and comment amazing stuff. Every single thing that each of you guys post about are amazing and inspiring. I pray that you guys keep going with whatever drives you, achieving whatever you set out for. We, all of us writers, need to stick out for each other in this world.
I sincerely hope 2016 brings surprises for us all! 🙂
Two words that I’m going to imprint into my brain, and also on yours:
Get your pens ready. Write your story and share it with the rest of the world!
P.S: What are your resolutions for this new year’s? Let me know 🙂