Yup, it’s official. Bloggers here like me. ME. Is it my humour? My unchallenging wit? Or the ability to praise myself so much? Hahaha just kidding! (I’m not).
Sooooo, I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by my blogger twin/bff Alex from Whitecaps and my beautiful blogger big sis Abby of The Bookish Barrister! First of all, THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! *Muah* And second of all, Check them out ASAP because they’re super cool! Since I was nominated by two people, each with 10 questions, I thought I’d answer 5 questions from each set, so that’s fair and cool! 🙂
- Thank the wonderful person who nominated you.
- Display the logo for the award.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Answer the questions that the person who nominated you has set.
MY ANSWERS TO 5 QUESTIONS:
- Do you prefer to dance in the rain or sleep underneath the stars?
– I love the rain. I’m a Pluviophile (I just got to know that word very recently haha). And, at the same time, dancing. So, you have those two combined and I’m the happiest person in the world! While half my friends squeal about their hair and clothes and makeup washing off, I find happiness in the rain. Comfort, more like. Another awesome thing is to play football in the rain. BEST. FEELING. EVER.
2. What book do you think is worth reading?
– Memoirs of a Geisha. It’s an absolutely beautiful book and a tragic one at that. One of the best books I’ve ever read. I loved every chapter, every page, every word of it. You HAVE TO read it, and relish it fully.
3. Where do you want to live?
– This is tough. On the one hand, I want a small cute wooden cottage in the English countryside, at the same time, a small beach shack in the Carribeans, also that cute christmas-sy snow-covered village in Canada is a great place to live, but a villa in Spain sounds marvelous, along with a vineyard in the South of France, but the blue waters of Santorini makes my heart melt but a small apartment in NYC makes me feel all warm. DO YOU SEE MY PROBLEM?!
4. What was the funniest nickname ever given to you?
– “Pookie”. In high school. One moronic friend of mine. It didn’t disappear. They still call me that. After 4 years of leaving school, they STILL call me that.
5. Which movie made you cry the hardest?
– Any movie in which a dog, or any other animal, dies, I’m done. So DONE. I don’t care if the guy or girl or the grandfather dies, nope. I cried during Marley & Me and Hachiko the hardest. 😦
1. Why did you start blogging?
– It was on a whim, actually. I was bored of studying and had nothing to watch on TV, so I decided to start blogging. The thing is, I have SO MANY blogs, all dying somewhere, those that I’ve started in school and left to die. But this one, I promised myself, I wouldn’t kill 🙂 Oh, well, I love writing too 🙂 I find it easier talking about myself in the form of crazy anecdotes and stories that I can share with you guys!
2. Do you have any weird talents or habits?
– I’m not sure if it’s weird (because it’s super awesome), but I pick up accents really quick! I hear someone speak and it takes exactly 3 tries for me to get it right! And when I’m bored I learn new accents. Hahaha, I just remembered, I also annoy my parents and friends by gabbing away at random, while switching accents. Also, when we go out to eat, I order in weird accents…you get the drift. it’s fun! So far, I can do American, British, Australian, Irish, French, Chinese and Russian. I’m learning the Cockney one now because it sounds awesome!
3. What is a book that you always seem to recommend to people?
– Other than my usual fandoms like HP, LoTR, THG, etc., it’s Memoirs of a Geisha and the reason is mentioned in answer no. 2 from Alex! 🙂
4. Are you a coffee drinker?
– I can’t function without it. It’s a drug to me.
5. Do you prefer paper books, e-books, or audiobooks?
– Paper books, HELL YEAHH! I like the feeling and the smell of a new book that you’ve just opened 🙂 Nothing beats that. It’s probably my Amortentia (HP reference, aw yeah!). Funny thing, whenever anyone asks me this particular question, I immediately think of what Stan Lee once said-
And I hope I got that well imprinted into your brain too! 😀
So, had fun reading? 🙂
MY NOMINEES ARE:
MY QUESTIONS ARE:
1) If your hair could talk, what would it say to you?
2) 5 words that best describe you?
3) Top 3 places you would want to travel to?
4) How do you deal with sadness?
5) What’s the first thing you do on hearing a happy news?
6) Are you an introvert or an extrovert or somewhere in between?
7) Your spirit animal would be a ..?
8) Why do you blog?
9) What does the world need right now?
10) Your fave politician? Hahah kidding. OK, your fave music artist?
side note: I’ve been nominated way too many times this month, so I’ll stop doing awards for a while, just for sometime, and do more of my usual blabbering!