So, today I was nominated for the “Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award” by the beautiful Danielle from fifteenthousandpages and I CANNOT thank you enough for it! This is the first time that I’ve ever been nominated for something, on here, on WordPress and now it feels like I truly do belong here! 🙂
This is such a cute and amazing trend that helps you get to know more about your favourite bloggers that you stalk….erm…I mean, follow. Sheesh. So I suggest you guys get to it! 🙂
Thanks again Danielle. So, without further ado-
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
3. Nominate FOUR other bloggers
4. Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nomination.
My questions from Danielle:
1. What’s a book you’ve read that you expected not to like, but ended up enjoying?
– The Fault In Our Stars. So, you need to know that I am not a big fan of the romance genre. I’ve never fully appreciated it, you could say. But this book was trending on Twitter and most of my online friends (not the non-nerdy real life ones) recommended it with such sincerity that my heart ached. And the movie was still in the works so I decided to give it a try and surprisingly, I liked it, more due to the witty dialogues than the actual love story 🙂 It was fun reading the conversations that Hazel and Gus have. So, I pretty much enjoyed reading it.
2. Do you have siblings, or are you an only child? Did you wish for anything different growing up?
– I am an only child and before you come to any conclusions, no, I’m not spoilt nor was I a pampered kid 🙂 I have such lovely and supportive parents, who are both strong and caring, gave me all they could and this made me the woman I have grown to be. I still am learning every day but it’s all thanks to them. Hence, I wished for nothing different. Except maybe being rich because then I could buy whatever I wanted. Hey, I was a kid! 😛
3. If you could be in any tv show or movie franchise, what would it be?
– Movie franchise would definitely be Harry Potter or Narnia. Harry Potter because the reasons are pretty obvious from my username that you found oh so fascinating 🙂 and Narnia because the animals talk :’) I love animals so I’d pretty much hang out with them and stuff. And you don’t age when you get back to the real world.
– TV show would be How I Met Your Mother because New York seems to be such an exciting city and the group makes it all the more fun! Also, I love Ted. He’s so cute! And Barney and I would get along just fine because we’re both LEGEN- wait for it!- DARY! LEGENDARY!
4. What is your spirit animal aka patronus?
– Garfield. Haha kidding. I can’t decide between a dragon, a dog or a wolf. I’m still undecided on that! Dragons are awesome, they’re my fave mythical creatures. Dogs and wolves are my fave animals.
5. What’s your favorite joke?
– I laugh at anything and everything. I especially like cheesy and corny jokes and jokes that have puns in them. I think my favourite would have to be this grammar-nazi knock-knock joke which goes-
It’s To WHOM?
Funny, right? Haha 😀
6. If you could change the ending to any book, what would it be and why?
– I wish I could prevent all the deaths that take place in whatever book I’ve read but life isn’t fair even in the fantasy world. I think I would change the ending to Eragon and Heroes Of Olympus because both of them were anti-climactic. There was nothing shocking or “reader gets an epiphany” twist that took place in either of those books. I would come up with something different but way more awesome.
7. Are you more Type A or Type B personality? Do you prefer lists, schedules, and making plans? Or do you just let the wind blow and see where it takes you?
– I start of as a Type A and gradually become a Type B. For example, I make a plan with my gang. I come up with the timings and what to bring and what needs to be done. But, funny thing, I get so caught up in the excitement and fun that I screw the schedule and I end up doing whatever I want to. It’s the same with a good many things. I’m a person who changes their mind A LOT. I keep changing it every minute and that makes me sound like someone with a big mental problem. Haha.
8. Do you prefer to dress up or down on a regular basis?
– Dress down, hell yes. I was born a tomboy and I grew up cringing at dresses and makeup. I still do, but on a bearable level. I prefer to be in my T’s and shorts. But when occasion calls, I seek the help of my more fashionably programmed friends to get dressed and dolled up. It feels good, that is until the heels start making your legs hurt.
9. Do you prefer poetry or prose?
– I’m not a big fan of poetry, because I haven’t fully explored that world yet? But yes if I have to choose between poetry and prose, it’s definitely poetry, since it’s used to express emotions and beauty and it’s art. Also, my friend writes cute poetry so I guess I would be more inclined to that.
10. What was the last thing you ate?
– CHINESE. Yummmm. I had Chinese for dinner! To be specific, I had Malaysian flat noodles, Peking chicken, Hunan pork and chicken wontons! 🙂
Hope my answers were satisfying enough! 🙂
The bloggers I nominate are:
– Elm from Just Call Me Elm or Something
– Alex from Whitecaps
– Tonks from Nymphadora’s Blog
– Kath from The Last Reader
And the questions for the nominees are:
1) Which is the most beautiful book you’ve read up until now and what about it makes it beautiful to you?
2) Where are you from and what are you studying/working as?
3) List 5 things that make you happy!
4) Your fave movie/book/tv series that you love?
5) What’s your current goal in life, as of now?
6) 3 places you would love to visit and why?
7) Do you prefer Pizza/Burgers or Desserts? and why?
8) 5 words that define you are..?
9) Is there something that you would want to change in yourself and why?
10) Define “Love”, in your own way, of course. 🙂
THAT WAS A LOOOOONG POST. whew. Have fun reading fellow nerds! 🙂